Senior Application Systems Engineer – Méthode
Tagence is seeking an experienced Senior Application Systems Engineer to join our team on a high-profile project bringing Méthode into the federal government for the first time.
Méthode is a native XML enterprise-level platform for the ingestion, creation, management and dissemination of content. In current use by leading investment banks, ratings agencies and international media outlets, Méthode enables content orchestration and collaboration, fully componentized simultaneous authoring on any device, high security and granular permissions, one-click publishing of different versions to multiple platforms and audiences, and other features designed to make the curation, creation and management of digital information secure, fast and reliable.
The Senior Application Systems Engineer will be responsible for the planning and execution of installation, back-end configuration, fault tolerance and security compliance of the Méthode platform and associated applications, and managing the release cycle for patches, upgrades, minor and major releases of the platform.
- Excellent analytical, multitasking and communication skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Technology skills:
- Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Solaris
- System backup/restore procedures
- System tuning
- Versant OODB
- InfoBright DB
- Mongo DB
- REST services and system APIs
- NAS, SAN, iSCSI, NFS
- Network analysis and system monitoring tools
- Minimum three years of experience leading the design, installation and maintenance of software systems of similar complexity
- Minimum five years of experience as a software systems engineer
- Recent experience in the federal government IT space
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance – DSS Secret a plus
Work Location and Travel
Company headquarters is in Leesburg, VA. The project is in Washington, D.C., and the Senior Application Systems Engineer is expected to be on site most days. Some travel may be required at project inception for Méthode-specific training.
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid government holidays
- Three weeks’ PTO
Tagence is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.