Tagence is seeking a full-time software engineer with customer facing experience for immediate hire. You will work as part of a small team maintaining and updating a public-facing government site on a long-term, stable contract. You MUST have at least 2 years of customer facing experience.
The ideal candidate has some experience with Atlassian tools (mainly Jira, Confluence, FishEye) configuration and utilization, server configuration, and Google Search Engine.
The education and experience requirements listed are customer requirements and are not negotiable. This is a full-time position with benefits, which include health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid government holidays, three weeks’ PTO and 401(K). This position is contingent upon customer approval.
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Leesburg, VA – Must be local
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Interface with customer to obtain understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Maintain a solid foundation of communication between the customer and team.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and company programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Develop or keep all relevant process documentation up to date.
- 2 years of customer facing experience
- Solid understanding of Web and server infrastructure.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Experience with Oracle/PL/SQL or MS SQL development and database administration
- Experience with ColdFusion Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks – ColdBox and/or Fusebox
- Experience with Code repositories such as Subversion or GIT
- Experience maintaining website configured using IIS & Cold Fusion Server
- Experience with Adobe PDF Form creation, JAVA a plus
- Experience with web development in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Strong skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project management background a plus
Educational and Experience Requirements
These are contractual requirements and cannot be substituted:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in web design and maintenance
- Familiarity with Cold Fusion
- 1+ years current Oracle/PL/SQL or MS SQL development experience
- Any existing Clearance is helpful; public trust clearance will be required.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Tagence is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.