Tagence Sales Manager
Tagence is seeking an experienced commercial and government salesperson and pipeline strategist with a focus on closed sales. Our preferred candidate will have an excellent capture and win percentage, excellent verbal and written communication, and a thorough understanding of the government contracting and commercial sales processes.
The candidate will interact extensively with corporate executives and directors, as well as current and future clients. The candidate will seek out new opportunities, monitor forecasts, attend industry days, manage the sales pipeline and CRM tool, and provide capture and proposal support. The candidate will provide bid/ no-bid recommendations, capture strategies, and tactics. The focus is to drive business growth in the commercial and federal sectors, with responsibility for revenue generation from opportunity identification through closure.
- Develop key business relationships in the commercial and federal marketplace, with primary responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion.
- Develop and manage relationships with prospects through a combination of daily outbound calling and regular in-person meetings, while documenting results in our CRM tool.
- Identify and develop relationships with appropriate teaming partners, subcontractors, prime contractors, and new technology partners.
- Become familiar with our current software offerings and use cases to create, assess, and refine scripts, demos, and messaging.
- Write complete and concise competitive bid analyses for executive management review.
- Review RFI/RFPs and construct capture strategies and bid solutions to fulfill customer needs with convincing content.
- Support opportunity requirements traceability, proposal development, project scoping, proposal approach, staffing plan, and pricing.
- Provide input to sales forecast, including projected revenue pipeline, forecast, and bookings.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with, commercial and government sales processes: pre-solicitations, RFPs, set-asides, teaming agreements, GWACs, procurement ethics. Shipley certification or courses, or similar, a plus.
- Must be driven and skilled at interacting with people successfully, both in person and over the phone to lead, educate, persuade, overcome challenges with regard to acquisition and procurement activities and close sales.
- Proven ability to effectively identify and generate qualified leads.
- Demonstrated track record of closing commercial and federal sales.
- Ability to dissect procurement opportunities to prepare a bid-analysis, capture strategy, proposal strategy, outlines for response volumes, and compliance matrix.
- Must have proposal-writing experience and thorough knowledge of the government procurement lifecycle.
- Knowledge of government procurement vehicles and Best in Class vehicles, and the process for application.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage, populate, and triage opportunities using a software CRM tool.
- Minimum five years of experience as a government sales or business developer
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, sales, or related field
- Military service is a plus.
- Currently has, or can obtain, a public trust clearance. Government security clearance a plus.
- Comfortable learning and using software products.
- Experienced using social media, virtual meeting, and office productivity tools (e.g., Slack, Asana, GoToMeeting, Adobe, Corsizio, LinkedIn, MailChimp).
Work Location and Travel
Company headquarters is in Leesburg, VA. We adhere to all federal, state, and local guidelines for travel, including the wearing of masks and social distancing. Personal safety and well-being are paramount. However, under normal conditions and as otherwise necessary, travel is expected in the DC Metro area and for meetings and industry/client events.
- Health, Dental, and Vision options
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Paid government holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tagence is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.