Tagence is seeking an experienced business office manager to support our staff and manage our Leesburg, VA office. Hours may be somewhat flexible, and we will consider part time (~30 hours/week) for the right person. This is not a program or project management position, although those skills are helpful.
The Business Office Manager acts as a chief of staff to the executive team on business office operations, including keeping business deadlines, contracts, and office operations on track. They will maintain and grow strategic partnerships with key office vendors.
- Maintain the corporate calendar (e.g., taxes, insurance and benefit renewals, licenses, sales reporting, software renewal deadlines, contract deadlines), and provide support to executives for corporate calendar deadline and business office operations.
- Provide Human Resources support: maintenance of employee files; onboarding and offboarding paperwork, including eVerify; training tracking and recognition; employee resumes; open enrollment for benefits renewal; and support for general compliance.
- Work with and support employee benefits and insurance vendors.
- Maintain executive support calendars, as appropriate: calendar, schedule, travel arrangements, event tracking and registration, special projects.
- Provide in person and virtual meeting coordination, scheduling, support, notes, and follow-up.
- In concert with other team members, provide event support: coordination, catering, invitations, etc.
- Oversee office equipment operation (e.g., copiers, printing, supplies), consumables, and maintenance contracts.
- Oversee office common areas (e.g., kitchen, conference rooms, reception area), and ensure employee and visitor health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Perform receptionist duties: greeting visitors, security sign-in log, conference room setup, refreshments, etc.
Additional duties, depending upon applicant’s skills and experience, may include:
- Desire and ability to learn new skills associated with the Business Officer Manager role.
- Opportunity research and proposal development support
- Marketing, web content, and social media support
- Recruiting vendor support
- Contract management support
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Knowledge of business administration and business office operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience using social media, virtual meeting, and office productivity tools (e.g., Slack, Asana, GoToMeeting, Adobe, Corsizio, LinkedIn, MailChimp).
- Persuasive negotiator as it relates to working with vendors on contracts and agreements.
- Is currently, or can obtain, Notary certification
- Knowledge of or previous experience as Facility Security Officer a plus.
- Military service is a plus.
- Currently has, or can obtain, a public trust clearance. Government security clearance a plus.
- Health, Dental, and Vision options
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Paid government holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tagence is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.